What questions do I need to address before I set out to purchase an ERP system?
If you’re thinking about purchasing an ERP system for your organization, there are a number of considerations you’ll want to address. Here are five critical questions to ask before you start shopping:
1. What are the expected results of the project?
2. Is there a current information weakness to overcome?
3. What is your budget? (Don’t forget to add in an extra 20-25% to cover “unknowns”!)
4. Have you gotten the “buy-in” from key decision-makers within your organization?
5. What time frame will be required to complete the effort? Consider: what does the time frame look like if you use outside consultants (time required with lengthen)? How does the time frame interact with your normal business cycle?